Booking Terms and Conditions for The Caravan @ Trefonen House
These booking conditions are between ‘us’, and ‘you’, the holiday guests who wish to book our caravan. References to ‘you’ or ‘your’ are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party.
Any booking is subject to the conditions below and by paying a deposit you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. (These do not affect your normal statutory rights).
We have the right to ask guests to leave the caravan if we deem them to be breaking any of the terms and conditions set out in this document.
1. Making and paying for your booking
To book our caravan a non- refundable deposit of 25% of the rental cost is required. Bookings cannot be secured or held without a deposit. (Payments are via bank transfer). Once the deposit has been paid you will receive an email confirming the booking.
The balance is payable 6 weeks before arrival. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
Please note: we do not except bookings that consist of Stag Parties or Hen Parties
A damage deposit is payable of £100 on all bookings. The damage deposit may be used for any repair and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures, fittings, and any additional cleaning costs (anything more than our usual fixed changeover cleaning costs).
An inspection of the caravan is carried out prior to your arrival and again after your departure and you are liable for any damages/breakages and costs incurred to us as a result of your occupancy.
We will return the damage deposit to you within 7 days after departure following the return of keys and after the check-out inspection, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed above.
If you do notice any damages or breakages on arrival please inform us as soon as possible.
Bookings direct with us: damage deposit payable by bank transfer 3-4 days before arrival. This will be held in a holding account and transferred back less any costs incurred.
2. Cancellation policy
If a guest does have to cancel, where possible we will try to edit dates to an alternative. This could have an effect on the price as prices do differ throughout the year. This may mean you may have to pay more or receive discount on the original price quoted.
If a quest cancels:
Booking deposits are non-refundable.
If the balance has been paid on time they can receive:
- A 50% refund of the balance payment if they cancel at least 8 weeks before check-in.
- A 25% refund of the balance payment if they cancel at least 4 weeks before check-in.
If we cancel;
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
You will be issued with a full refund of any fees you may have paid to us including the booking deposit. However, we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance)
The caravan is a non-smoking property. Smoking is permitted outside, please use the ashtrays provided to dispose of cigarette stubs.
Evidence of smoking inside the caravan will incur charges that will be deducted off the damage deposit.
Well behaved dogs are permitted, up to a maximum of 2 dogs. The owner needs to be informed of any dogs that will be staying at the property at the time of booking.
An extra fee may be payable per dog.
We kindly ask that dogs not allowed in the bedrooms or up on the beds. Evidence that dogs have been upstairs may incur a proportion of the damage deposit to be retained to cover extra cleaning costs.
Please ensure you clean up any dog foul before departure.
Please towel dry wet and dirty dogs before entering the caravan. Do not allow dirty or wet dogs on the furniture. Charges to the damage deposit may be made if extra cleaning is required after you checking out.
No other pets allowed.
5. Maximum occupancy
The maximum occupancy of the caravan is 8 plus an infant in a cot.
No camping permitted within the boundary of the property including in motorhomes without prior permission of the owners.
6. Access codes, keys, check-in and check-out
Access codes will be sent approximately 24 hours before arrival. Please note access details will not be sent until the damage deposit has been received)
Please return all keys after departure, if not a charge will be reduced from the damage deposit refunded.
Check-in is from 3.30pm and check-out is at 10.30am. (During quieter months these times may be flexible.) Please contact the owners if you wish to rearrange times.
You can arrive at the property after the time agreed with us on the arrival date and must leave by the time agreed with us on your departure date.
You agree that before check-out, all doors and windows are locked, the beach gate is locked too and keys are returned to the key rack or returned to the key safe as per check-in. All lights are off and we appreciate it if the bins could be emptied.
7. Your obligations
You agree to comply with the regulations set out in our terms and conditions and guest information pack. You agree to keep and leave the caravan, and the furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses in clean and good condition.
You agree not to cause any damage to walls, doors, windows or any other part of the caravan and take care when putting up or removing any decorations including banners, balloons and signs.
You agree not to do anything that may be considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to the occupier of the annexe, Trefonen House and neighbouring properties. Please remember that you are in a residential neighbourhood with a large number of retired and working occupants as well as families.
Please ensure the noise is kept to a minimum after 11pm whilst outside.
You agree to take all necessary steps to safe guard the caravan and your personal property which includes ensuring doors and windows are locked whilst out of the caravan.
8. Our Liability
We shall not be liable for any losses which are not a foreseeable consequence of us breaking these booking conditions.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that we will not be liable for any business losses however suffered or incurred by you.
We shall not be liable for any personal injury or damage to or loss of personal property, except where the injury, damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
CCTV is in operation on the entrance to the drive and is recorded. The purpose is to protect our premises, act as a deterrent for criminals, provide evidence in the case of criminal activity and provide security of our guests’ property.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that you let us know as soon as possible so that remedial action can be taken if necessary and we can try to resolve it.
38. Data Protection
– To fulfill this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to property hire and production of the Rental agreement. Your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Rental Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defense of any legal claim(s)
– We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside Anglesey Holidays, unless:
– It is to our insurer
– It is to the police, local authorities, council
– To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
– Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
– The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
– It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business
– It is for feedback on our products and services provided
– You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition, you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
– It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
– We may use your personal information for marketing purposes and to keep you informed by post, telephone, sms, email or other electronic means about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you if you have selected to hear about our services and offers on our feedback form that is completed at the end of your hire and we will only use the contact methods that you have agreed to. If at any point you would like to stop receiving information from us, you can click unsubscribe at the base of any email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your name from the marketing database.
– By entering into this agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement including data collected from the vehicle which may include your location(s) from our vehicle tracking system and also diagnostics (telematics). We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
– You agree that if you break the terms of this agreement we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
– We agree to keep all personal information in a secure environment and will comply with the Data Protection Act
39. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Anglesey Holidays reserve the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.